A virtual cooking class on wheels, the RV Cooking Show takes viewers on adventures to some of the most sought-after or interesting but little known RV locales then creates a healthy, easy destination-related RV recipe in host Evanne Schmarder's RV kitchen. Tune in to our RV TV...it's always delicious!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Easy Italian Tomato Salad Recipe

Wondering what to do with those end of season tomatoes? Not me.

I got home late the other night, at least later than usual, and I was starving. Along with a rotisserie chicken and some fresh ciabatta bread, I made this tasty italian side salad (with tomatoes from the local farmer market) - direct from my "direct from Italy" mother-in-law. Maybe it'll become an old standby in your house much like it is in mine.

Italian Tomato Salad Recipe

• 1 medium tomato per diner - chunked
• sweet or red onion - to taste - chopped in bite-sized pieces
• oil - canola or virgin olive oil (nothing too strong)
• a dash of water
• italian spices or simply salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients. Prepare this dish first and let it sit out on the counter for 15 minutes or more - as you make the rest of the meal.

That's it...this salad is that easy...no kidding.

For a tasty treat add crumbled gorgonzola cheese...oh my goodness!! And don't forget to dip your bread in the "juice"...it's heavenly.

As always, I urge you to try it and let me know how it turns out - leave a comment below if you are so inclined...it'll be delicious, is my bet!

Evanne
RV Cooking Show

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...