A virtual cooking class on wheels, the RV Cooking Show takes viewers on adventures to some of the most sought-after or interesting but little known RV locales then creates a healthy, easy destination-related RV recipe in host Evanne Schmarder's RV kitchen. Tune in to our RV TV...it's always delicious!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Campground Review: Frontier Town, Ocean City, MD

Upon the prompting of one of my excellent YouTube RV Cooking Show viewers - DanielLamore (who, btw, has a great collection of RVing videos on his YouTube channel) - I've decided to give you an inside look at why I chose a particular campground and how it turned out.

I've had a wonderful, albeit active, RV summer - staying in one location for no more than a few days at a time. Lots of amazing food, fun and friends. But after nearly 5 months I needed someplace to "land" for at least a week.

I took a good look at my needs (full hookups, wi-fi at my site, near Annapolis, MD (to film an RV Cooking Show episode), and in my price range) and wants (near the water, outside of a larger town, free wi-fi). After reviewing options in my Trailer Life Campground Directory and RVParkReviews.com I chose Frontier Town Western Theme Park and Campground in Ocean City, MD.

Okay, stop laughing. Two full-timers with no kids at Frontier Town (take a look at their website and you'll see what I mean)? Well, they made the grade on my needs and wants - their spring and fall discounted camping fees are very attractive - so...I expected it to be a bit, well, hokey, accepted it and made reservations.

As you enter the park you first come across the waterslide and theme parks (closed after Labor Day). We entered the campground registration building and were assisted by a very helpful gal. She got us all checked in and directed us to our site.


















It was a bit tricky getting the RV Cooking Show Tango Travel Trailer into the site but my husband is an expert backer-upper and took care of it in short order.

Once we were settled in we took a look around and wow, what a wonderful surprise!!


The park is on Sinepuxent Bay - right on the bay and estuary - with plenty of birds and beauty. We didn't expect such a naturesque setting in Frontier Town but that's exactly what we got. Yippee!!!




The park is clean, well maintained, large enough to take a decent bike ride or walk, has a well-stocked campstore, offers free mini-golf in the off season, has excellent wi-fi at my site, and is just an overall pleasure.


















The moral of the story I suppose is...try it...you just might like it! We did and in fact, extended our stay 3 days. They even extended our weekly rate for those days - bonus!!

Frontier Town...we'll be back!!


Evanne
RVCookingShow

PS -Assateague Island (home of the wild ponies) is just 4 miles away...more on that later...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...