A virtual cooking class on wheels, the RV Cooking Show takes viewers on adventures to some of the most sought-after or interesting but little known RV locales then creates a healthy, easy destination-related RV recipe in host Evanne Schmarder's RV kitchen. Tune in to our RV TV...it's always delicious!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Quesadilla RV Recipe and Saguaro National Park

Tucson, Arizona is bookmarked by the two units of Saguaro National Park. On the east you'll find the Rincon Mountain District and on the west it's the Tucson Mountain District. I wintered just a few miles from the gorgeous East District and spent many a day at the park - hiking, taking photographs, and simply sitting quietly atop a stone outcropping surrounded by silence and beauty.

The park's namesake - the giant saguaro cactus - can take on many shapes but the one it's most known for is the classic 'two arms up' version seen on many a western sign. You know exactly what I mean, don't you :>

In this episode of the RV Cooking Show: Saguaro National Park and Quesadillas, I'm delighted to have you as my guest as I take a turn around the park and a closer look at the remarkable saguaro - found only in the Sonoran Desert.

Later, we'll head back to my RV kitchen and make one of my go-to dishes - perfect for an easy meal after a full day of hiking or driving - quesadillas. In fact, they are such a snap to make once you watch this show you might never order them in a restaurant again!

Watch the video here, learn more about the park and the recipe at RVCookingShow.com and get ready to go to the grocery. I couldn't help myself...had these last night for dinner.

Enjoy and happy camping - Evanne - RVCookingShow.com 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...