A virtual cooking class on wheels, the RV Cooking Show takes viewers on adventures to some of the most sought-after or interesting but little known RV locales then creates a healthy, easy destination-related RV recipe in host Evanne Schmarder's RV kitchen. Tune in to our RV TV...it's always delicious!

Friday, January 16, 2009

RV Cooking Show Online Food Drive Donates 150 Food Items to Food Bank

Because of you, someone will eat dinner tonight. A parent will breathe just a little easier knowing their children will go to bed full; someone’s grandma or grandpa won’t have to choose between their medicine and a meal. Folks will experience food security – at least for now. Your participation in the RV Cooking Show Online Holiday Food Drive made a difference...just like the girl on the beach with the starfish.

We saw 37 comments on the blog. (If you have not already done so, please read them all – they will astound and amaze you. Some will have you cheering – nodding your head yes, others might bring tears to your eyes like they did mine.) I matched that amount – that means we had 74 food items. My good friends at Albertson’s in Morro Bay, CA matched that number and we proudly donated 150 food items to the Food Bank Coalition of San Luis Obispo County in Paso Robles, CA. 150 food items – wow!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am proud and so very grateful for you.

We called ahead and asked what they needed most. In turn, we delivered canned vegetables, canned fruit, canned meats, pork and beans, mac 'n cheese, soups, fixins' for a pasta dinner - even some pudding packs. Hey, everyone needs a little dessert once in a while!


I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did. I think we’ll do it again sometime this year. Stay tuned to the RV Cooking Show blog for the latest and greatest. And thanks again, you rocked someone’s world!!

Bon Appétit’,

Evanne
RVCookingShow.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I drive the "short bus" for special needs children and we frequently see households that have been hit by the economy. Some of these kids get on the bus hungry in the morning and we know that there is little chance that they can concentrate on learning when their basic needs are not being met. I seems like the supreme waste of wonderful minds not being educated to live meaningful lives.

Anonymous said...

George taught me that no matter how bad things get I should never burn my bridges and I should let the problem go off into the ether. George died in Feb. and I miss him terribly.

Ambreen Tariq said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...