A virtual cooking class on wheels, the RV Cooking Show takes viewers on adventures to some of the most sought-after or interesting but little known RV locales then creates a healthy, easy destination-related RV recipe in host Evanne Schmarder's RV kitchen. Tune in to our RV TV...it's always delicious!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Recipe for Herb Salad Mix

If you’re a regular RV Cooking Show viewer you may have noticed that I love Trader Joe’s products. When I travel that’s one of the markets I seek out. Fortunately for me, there are 3 TJs where I’ll be spending a good portion of the winter. However, sometimes that is not the case.

Just the other day I picked up one of my favorite TJ salad mixes – herb mix –and have been enjoying it all week long. That’s when it hit me…I can make this salad mix on my own – anywhere I am…and so can you. Bonus if you have a local farmer’s market with lettuce sellers...don’t miss that opportunity!

Here’s the quickie herb salad mix recipe:

3 cups baby green salad mix (greens of your choice – could be green and/or red romaines, butterleaf, oak leaf, frissee – if you like spicy add some baby arugula, too)

FYI – You can almost always buy pre-mixed bags or clamshells of mixed baby salad greens in the grocery crisper. If you want to customize your blend you might enjoy this website all about salad greens.

2 tablespoons each fresh roughly chopped herbs including dill, parsley, cilantro (add other herbs if you like, leave some herbs out if you don’t like)

Mix the greens and herbs and voila! a delicious herb salad. You can toss this with roasted chicken, steamed, chilled shrimp, diced avocados, crunchy cucumbers…you name it. Dress with your favorite dressing – I’ve found it pairs well with all types of dressings – and enjoy!

This amount of salad mix should yield approximately 6 large side salads/medium size meal salads.

Think spring!

Evanne
RVCookingShow

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...