A virtual cooking class on wheels, the RV Cooking Show takes viewers on adventures to some of the most sought-after or interesting but little known RV locales then creates a healthy, easy destination-related RV recipe in host Evanne Schmarder's RV kitchen. Tune in to our RV TV...it's always delicious!

Friday, February 29, 2008

I've got hitch-itch!!!

In my neighborhood birds are singing, flowers are blooming and campers are rolling. Spring's just around the corner and I've got hitch-itch!! So why not hook my 5th wheel up to the truck and go? I'm searching for a "summer home" to spend say, 6-9 months in. Yep, one big trailer's just not enough.

The truth is my 31' camper is not a pleasure to haul across the country and back. Sure, it's very livable and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the floor plan and ample windows but what I gain in comfort I lose in ease of movement. There went the roadside fruit stand...boy, that coffee stand looked fun...nope, can't fit in that state park...you get the picture.

I considered a truck camper but a few rainy days cured me of that idea. So now I'm on the hunt for a nimble, agile 20-ish foot travel trailer. I'm on first name basis with several salespeople at every dealership in my area and have narrowed my search down to 2 or 3 campers. The determining factors? Quality and layout. Read my BellaOnline article - Shopping for an RV - Interior RV Quality to see what I'm looking for inside the camper. The next article will talk about what to look for on the outside of a prospective camper.

So who's leading the pack...I have my eye on one brand that seems to be meeting all of my (very particular) criteria...I'll keep you posted.

Gone shopping...

Evanne
RV Cooking Show

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...