A virtual cooking class on wheels, the RV Cooking Show takes viewers on adventures to some of the most sought-after or interesting but little known RV locales then creates a healthy, easy destination-related RV recipe in host Evanne Schmarder's RV kitchen. Tune in to our RV TV...it's always delicious!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Perfect Pea Soup

Brought into the public limelight with the 2004 Oscar-winning movie "Sideways", Buellton, CA won my heart years ago as home to Andersen's Pea Soup restaurant. I must have been about 8 years old when my folks brought me out to Hollywood to visit my wonderful and eclectic aunt. I don't remember very much about that vacation but I do remember Andersen's Pea Soup - a short drive north of Santa Barbara.

Amazing weather prompted us to take a "road trip" this past weekend that included a stop at - you guessed it - Andersen's Pea Soup. Yippee for me - boy was I excited. And bless my husband's heart - he was looking forward to it, too. What a sweetie! (Aren't we a pair - Hap-pea on the left and Pea-wee on the right...splitting peas, of course!)



One glance at the menu and our mind's were made up. We each ordered a "Traveler's Special" - bottomless bowl of pea soup, a basket of bread and a beverage (we got milkshakes) - $8.95.



The soup was thick - like Central Coast fog - vegetarian and piping hot. If you like pea soup this place is for you! I think I had 3 bowls and it was every bit a delicious as I remember it all those years ago.



Our road trip also took us to a luffa farm (!!) and I'll have some interesting video from there for you soon. I'll let you know when it's ready right here in the blog so stay tuned...

Pea-wee (Evanne)
RV Cooking Show

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...